The cost of a replacement window ranges from $130 to $5900. This is indeed a big range, so let’s get into specifics.
Casement windows are classified as a crank window, meaning they open by using a crank from the inside. Most casement windows have hinges on the side which allow them to open conveniently as a door. These types of windows generally cost $250 to $1850, depending on the materials you choose.
- Casement windows are easy to open and close.
- The crank doubles as a lock. Extra locks are also available for most window models.
- Can be used on multiple levels of your home.
- Great ventilation.
- Available as a central pane.
Double Hung Windows
These windows are very similar to single hung windows. The only difference is that instead of one sash that can be moved up and down, there are two sashes that are used to move the pane. The good news is, that these double hung windows are only slightly more expensive than its single hung cousins. Replacing your windows with double hung windows will cost you between $200 and $850.
- The more sashes are open, the more air can be circulated. Opening both the high and low sashes will let in more air and keep your home fresh.
- Sashes lean inward preventing falls from the upper floors.
- Easy cleaning.
Single Hung Windows
A single hung window is a type of window similar to double hung windows, except it has one sash. This sash opens the window by moving up and down. Windows like these usually range from $130 to $525 making it one of the most economical choices around.
- You may also recognize this type of window as a “fixed window”.
- Safest when used on the ground floor. Reaching the exterior upper sash could be dangerous on higher floors.
Sliding Glass Window
These windows may seem like the most expensive choice, but it’s not always the case. You can get sliding glass windows installed for as low as $200, but as high as $1500. And custom installation can sometimes tighten the price range to a more reasonable range of $660 to $1190. These windows mimic the function of double hung windows except that it opens with one horizontal moveable sash over a stationary pane.
- These windows open with a slider or glider that moves the pane, more specifically in larger windows.
- Features smaller cases and sills which allows for a wider view through the window.
- The top pane of the window can easily be removed for cleaning and maintenance.
These types of windows are very similar to casement windows. The only difference is that they have a hinge on top instead of to the side. These window cost between $250 to $1850 depending on size and material.
- Uses an interior crank, similar to casement windows.
- Additional locks are available for added security.
- Great ventilation.
- The crank keeps the window from closing.
Not only do bay windows add more square footage to your home, but they look stunning on any home set up. These windows are triple paned and cost around $2,960.
- These kinds of windows look great and add to your resale value.
- The panes off to the sides can open, allowing for ventilation.
- Allows for lots of natural light.
Similar to bay windows, bow windows add square footage to your home. However, unlike bay windows, bow windows have 4 to 5 panes as opposed to 3. Bow windows can cost from $1,300 to $5,900.
- Singular panes can either stay fixed or be opened for ventilation.
- These windows provide more light than even bay windows.
- Bow windows don’t extend as far out as bay windows (if you’re not interested in the additional square footage).
Average Cost of Window Replacements
Window replacements can cost around $400 to $920 per replacement. Keep in mind, this price includes installation on the ground floor which would need minimal extra maintenance. If you are replacing windows in a three bedroom, single story home with around ten window openings, the total installation may range from $3,950 to $9,200.
A Job Well Done
Choosing the right company in Ottawa to install your windows is important to ensure a proper, quick and efficient installation. Be sure you’re choosing a company that has experience in the field, is insured, and has a positive reputation in the community. Also, it’s important to make sure that the company you choose will stay true to their warranty if something goes wrong.
At Merivale Windows, we guarantee that our team is fully qualified and trained to install the highest quality windows. We have over 25 years in the industry and have gained invaluable knowledge over the years, knowledge that will make your window replacement easy, efficient, and professional. We have a track record of happy customers and look forward to providing you the best service possible.
For more information about what kinds of windows we offer, please contact our professional and friendly customer service team today. We promise that after dealing with our company, you’ll never have to seek out another Ottawa window replacement company again.